Due to the increased use of cell phones and their impeccable functionality, people are ditching cameras and replacing them with Smartphones. The big question is; Are professional cameras still necessary in today’s life? I have the answer to this, read on to find out.
There are many reasons why people prefer cell phones over cameras these include:
- Convenience – compared to a camera, a cell phone is convenient; this means that you can take a photo at any time because the phone is always with you. Unless you are a photographer, you don’t necessarily have to carry your camera wherever you go. Taking a photo using a Smartphone is easy and you can edit your photo on the go and even share it with friends.
- Playback – with a cell phone, you can easily review your photos. Most phones today come with a large screen and this will make you see the final results better compared to a camera.
- Sharing – most cell phones easily connect to the internet and this makes it easy for you to share your photo. You can share the photos to the social media easily.
- Image editing – after capturing photos, you can easily edit them using a phone. The editing features in phones are vast and cannot be compared to those of a camera.
In the other hand, professional cameras are a MUST; this is because there are some features that a Smartphone have that cannot be compared to those of a cell phone. Professional cameras are still a necessity in this modern world because:
- They have high picture quality – this is the main advantage they have over cell phones. Cell phones pictures can be amazing but cameras surpass all by their capability. You can take a very beautiful headshot or photo in any lighting condition with a camera. I would suggest that you take headshot using a camera because it will give you a high quality and a professional looking photo.
- Lens capability – with a camera, you can be able to take control of the zoom using the lens and this makes it a great feature. You can capture images that are far away from where you are. Another advantage of a camera lens is that you can take a clear and a beautiful photo a few centimeters away from the object. This makes the camera the best for headshots.
- Battery – we find that our cell phones die after a session of continuous photo taking. A camera has a long lasting battery and a typical camera can take up to 500 photos per once charge.
- Cost – cameras are now affordable and this makes them cheaper compared to cell phones. You can acquire a decent camera for few bucks.
If you are a professional photographer, you need a camera and for quality headshots, you definitely need a professional camera.